Pages

.

Linnets Stonechat and GANNET!!!!!

This Morning i went up to check woosh site as i had placed seed down two days ago. 8 linnets feeding when i got there so i set up. No big flocks coming in yet but small family parties dropping in.
10 Linnets Ringed
1 juv Stonechat

As i was ringing the Stonechat, Eddy from the gravel Pits turned up and told me he had a Swallow in the car that had flown into the crusher. 
I took it out the box and it was dazed, no sign of damage to wings. I left it in the box so it could rest.
He then said I've got a Gannet sat on the main track as well
A Gannet! 
Yes its sat on the main track in the way of all the vehicles, can you come and have a look.

When i got there the bird looked fine i picked it up and it was full of fight. There was a small amount of damage to the carpel joint but it was flapping its wing ok .

I decided to take it down to one of the big lakes and see how it went on. 
As soon as it got on the water it was bathing and flapping and paddling around .
I watched it for ten minutes and it seemed ok. 

I didn't Put a ring on it

The Swallow was taken out the box an hour later  it was flapping its wings like mad so i ringed it and off it flew quite happy.

Gannet

Gannet on Lake

Stonechat



No comments:

Post a Comment