Pages

.

Nice Day

After yesterdays dismal ringing with 3 sites visited in 8 hours and 1 Linnet Ringed
today proved to be a lot better. I went down to Port Mooar and was met by over 50 Rock Pipits on the seaweed. I set up a few spring traps and caught 6 birds in an Hour. 4 new and 2 retraps. Also was able to read another 5 ringed birds.
First ringed 04 November 2010

Ringed today

First Ringed July 28 2011
I left Port Mooar and headed home for a coffee. I decided to go to Ramsey harbour and try for Rock Pipits there. I got there at 1pm set 3 traps and put on Rock Pipit call as i walked back to the car a bird flew past me and landed by the first spring trap i got my camera on it and rattled 2 shots off. A Black Redstart was sat on the side of the spring trap, 10 seconds later it was in.








Cracking bird still showing well  at 3:30 

When i got home i got a email off Kev to say another of our LBBG had been sighted this time in 
Quarteira Harbour, Portugal on the 16th November 2011 by Gordon Avery

X89:M was ringed at The Gravel Pits on 1 July this year as a Chick {Pulli}
only 11 LBBG Gulls colour ringed by us this year and 3 have been seen in Spain and 1 in Portugal
just shows how well these colour rings work and a big thank you to all the guys who go out and look for them as well
Nice end to a great day


X89:M SHOWING RING ON LEFT

No comments:

Post a Comment