Pages

.

A nice little turn up


Sunday afternoon i received a text saying there was a Black Redstart at the Point of Ayre Lighthouse, I shot up there and took some shots and watched this bird for some 3 hours it was very flighty moving from roof tops to Garden and then back to wall tops.I noticed it kept going back to one place every 20 minutes or so, as it was getting dark I packed up and went home. Monday morning I got up there for 08:30 placed the spring trap where i thought it would go and within 10 Min's it was ringed and on its way.


A male Black Redstart ages as a 3 {this years young}
Today i popped down to Ramsey Harbour and the first thing i saw were two Colour ringed Rock Pipits, i got the camera out and took some shots. There were a few Rock Pipits un ringed so i set my Spring Traps and waited.
Rock Pipit ringed at Ramsey on 16/02/2011 seen today in Ramsey


Rock Pipit ringed at Port Mooar on July 30 2012 seen at Ramsey today

I got back to my car and watched the traps, 2 minutes later a bird flew towards one of them and sat on top of it. Another Black Redstart and no ring on it so it couldn't be the one from the Point of Ayre, which is only 7 miles away up the coast.


Another 3 Male Black Redstart ringed at Ramsey Harbour
Other Black Redstart ringing Records in Ramsey Harbour

1 ringed 23/11/2011
1 ringed 12/01/2012
1 ringed 29/01/2012
1 ringed 06/11/2013


Since my last post 82 new Linnets have been ringed another new Twite and 4 more Rock Pipits colour ringed.











No comments:

Post a Comment