Pages

.

Something X tra Special

After 3 days of Gale force winds today was a belter. I started down at Ramsey for Rock Pipits  with no joy at all. I then thought no wind lets get a net up for Redpoll at one of the Plantations. 
3 hours later and only 4 Goldcrests and a Gt Tit ringed :-(    7 Crossbill flew into the area :-)

They perched high up about 50ft from the net, now me and Andy back in Yorkshire have tried to catch these birds so many times. They have been sat right by the nets on many an occasion and never gone in.
I had my big lens with me today so i decided to get some shots of them.
As i got closer and closer i realized i was near the net . I walked away
as i looked back 2 males and 2 females flew towards net.
i waited for a couple of minutes and saw 2 males and 1 female fly away.

As i walked to the net there in the top shelve was the 2nd female. 
what a bird

see more at www.grayimages.co.uk





No comments:

Post a Comment