Pages

.

Twite

After a disappointing week with no Twite seen at the feeding station  it was great to get a phone call of Chris today to tell me  a flock of 50+ had been seen on Saturday/Sunday

I set off up to the Point of Ayre and as soon as i pulled up i counted 53 Twite sat on the fence right next 
to the seed. 
Ten minutes later they were flying down to the seed.

I let them feed and watched for about 2 hours taking shots and looking for colour rings.

I had packed all my woosh net stuff away last week so i decided to set it up again and let the birds get use to the poles.

as i set up they were landing next to me and didn't seem bothered about poles or me.


They stayed about from 11:30 until  3:30 and in amongst the showers and the visits from Merlin and Kestrel i managed to catch 



29 New birds
 now colour ringed with this years colours


Left Leg White ring   {colour for Isle of Man} 
 above
 Blue/Orange  {Year Ring 2011 Jan>June}
2011 Isle of Man colour ringed Twite
also caught were 3 retraps birds from 30 December 2010

Twite caught in IOM 30 December 2010  


and a controlled bird from Machrihanish 
Right leg Green\White split ring
Left leg BTO Metal Green\White Split ring

Machrihanish Twite
Thanks to Chris for the call and to Dave Sowter and Roy Rhoades 
for the colour rings

Click for bigger image



No comments:

Post a Comment